· Help us to understand how your age-group sees the world
· Help us to shape WorldShare’s website, social networking, and publicity literature to be relevant to your age-group
· Help us to explain WorldShare’s ministry in terms that are relevant to people your age.
In doing this, you will enable WorldShare to continue helping thousands of very needy people to have food and shelter, schools and medical care, and the opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ.
WorldShare’s Board (our decision-making body) will take your views into account when designing what we do in the future.
What's the commitment?
· there will be an initial meeting in January 2013, and one or two meeting per year.
· there will be an ongoing conversation on email and Skype.
· you will be asked from time to time to read web pages or print articles and give your opinion on what they say and how they say it.
· from time to time, representatives of the group may be asked to attend WorldShare main Board meetings to discuss their opinions.
· we hope that you will also pray for WorldShare’s ministry and tell your friends about it.
You can of course leave the Youth Voice group anytime you need to. Your membership will automatically end every two years, but you can rejoin the group for another two years if you want to.
What's in it for me?
· up-close experience of “live” charity work benefitting the world’s poorest.
· the chance to contribute skills and energy, and make a difference.
· chance to meet other young people from around the UK.
· a deeper understanding of other cultures.
· possibility of volunteering for a summer team overseas, or helping on an exhibition stand at a Christian event such as Spring Harvest or New Wine.
Do I qualify?
To apply to join the Youth Voice group, you must:-
· be aged 14-22
· be a Christian and passionate about your faith
· be familiar with the ways in which people your age communicate
· be able and willing to express your ideas clearly in a group context.
Within the group we are especially keen to recruit some members from minority backgrounds; some who have good IT skills, or good writing skills, and some who already have experience of being involved in Christian work, and some who have travelled abroad.
How do I apply?
At the top left of this article, and repeated below, you will find links to...
1) A downloadable application form, and...
2) An accompanying letter for your parent/guardian (if under 18) and church leader.
The current deadline for applications is 27th December, 2012.
The inaugural meeting of Youth Voice will be on Saturday, 5th January, 2013.
Robin Hood Airport,
Doncaster DN9 3GA
Telephone: 01302 775209
Photo credits: Aaron Amat & JinYoung Lee/Shutterstock.com