Nigeria stretches from a coastline of mangroves and major cities (including the former capital and Africa's most populous city, Lagos) in the south, inland through tropical rain forest, to high plateaux, and savannah along northern borders with Niger and Chad.
With major river systems draining into the Niger river delta, Nigeria has rich agricultural land to feed its people, of whom far fewer ought to live in poverty than actually do.
Religion: Christianity & Islam (approx. even in number, together totalling around 90%). Remaining 10% indigenous beliefs, & other.
Christians in Nigeria
One of Africa's major interfaces of Islam and Christianity, Nigeria has long been one of the world's most intensive Christian mission fields.
The growth of the church has been rapid and vigorous. There are now tens of millions of believers, of Anglican, Evangelical and other denominations.
Accompanying such growth are the twin needs of maturity in biblical faith for individual believers and churches, and strong Christian leaders who are able to withstand multiple pressures including threatened or actual persecution.